Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Time to Say Goodbye

I said goodbye to the garden today. Tomorrow morning we depart on our nine month adventure to Greece. It is very hard to leave the plants, especially as they are struggling so much in the heat. Another surprise showed up in the form of this yellow wildflower (or weed), which I know I didn't plant, but which decided to join the garden somehow.
Before we left, I did an final mowing and weeding and watering, and the garden looked so serene in the early morning light.
I hope the young trees survive. The fig has completely leafed out again, and so has the pecan.
I keep telling myself that even if it gets totally over grown, or sun burnt and dry, I can't possibly have to start back at square one. Right? Right?? Surely not.
So now, while we are away, I will be using this blog to write about Greek gardens that we encounter during our stay. Stay Tuned! (For more of the day to day adventures of settling in to a life in Athens you can visit austintoathens.blogspot.com)
See Ya.

3 comments:

  1. Wow -- nine months! How exciting. Have a fantastic time! Looking forward to your travel posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cathy! What an adventure! Have a great time. I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good wishes. It should be quite and adventure.

    ReplyDelete