Friday, September 24, 2010

In Praise of Weeds?!


I was given a very 'enlightening' article describing a Buddhist take on weeds. The general message was, I think, "love thy weeds" because they keep you humble.... and sane, and grounded in reality.... (a.k.a. digging in dirt)

I do have a kind of love/hate relationship with mine, it's true. It IS a therapy of sorts to get out there and pull them up. If one never had any weeds, then we wouldn't be NEEDED so much in our gardens. Add a sprinkler system to a weed-free back yard and you might as well watch the garden on T.V.

Occasionally I see truly beautiful weeds and I leave them for a while.... So, o.k., I think I get it.

"Everything is as it should be."
(P.S. This is my favourite weed right now, and I am enjoying seeing how big it will get.)

1 comment: