Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Plant Rivalry?

It seems that plants, like children, get jealous if the parent pays too much attention to a sibling.
And as I do feel very parental towards everything growing in the garden, I suppose it is only natural for the plants to vie for my attention. I admit that I have been paying rather a lot of attention to the Texas bluebell, because it is gracing us with many blooms. The bulbine clearly got tired of being second fiddle as it were, and insisted on getting into this photo. When I saw it I was reminded of so many photos of our children who have at times stuck their heads suddenly into the picture, just so as you don't forget they are there.
Not wanting the bulbine to get a complex or anything, I quickly took a few of her. Yes, you ARE beautiful. Don't worry I love you all equally....

No comments:

Post a Comment